2012 Dennis Hosington Memorial Photo Contest
For kids 8 to 12 years old.
This year for the contest, you need to create a bookplate.
Examples of bookplates can be found on internet sites - and sometimes in our very own library books!
The RIF website also gives a history of bookplates. Please use these only for ideas - don't copy them
Your bookplate should:
1. Be no bigger than 3 1/2” by 5”.
2. Have original artwork or photos created by YOU! You cannot use clip art or photos
from books, magazines or online. You can use Photoshop or a similar product to
manipulate your original artwork or photos you have created yourself.
3. Include “This book belongs to” with enough space to insert a name on your
4. Base your art work on at least 2 different books that have inspired you.
5. Have a statement attached explaining which 2 books inspired you to create this
artwork and what is the meaning behind it. A couple of sentences is fine.
6. Have all words spelled correctly.
7. Include your name on the BACK of your bookplate. Limit your art work to the
front of the page only.
After you have designed your bookplate and written the explanation,
fill out the entry form, attach your bookplate entry and explanation and bring
it to the library by August 10.