McMinnville Public Library Meeting Room Policy
McMinnville Public Library does not have a meeting room available to the public. The Library’s meeting room, The Carnegie Room, is used only for:
· Library staff meetings
· Library sponsored and co-sponsored programs. Co-sponsored programs are those events that the library chooses to co-sponsor and that meet the mission of the library. Events must be free and open to the public. Their main purpose must not to sell or promote a product or program.
· Friends of the Library events
· Library Foundation events
· City of McMinnville meetings
· Other government meetings and programs as availability allows
The library will post a sign in the Carnegie Room with a disclaimer that the Library does not endorse any goods or services, makes no representation as to the accuracy of information, and assumes no liability for the quality or safety of any goods or services which may be the subject of meetings.
Groups using the room will be responsible for the set-up and for returning the room to its original configuration.
Users are responsible for cleaning up and for any damage to library property or facility. The library may assess charges for damage and cleaning. The Library assumes no responsibility for personal belongings.
No alcoholic beverages may be served without the prior permission of the McMinnville City Council.
The use of the Carnegie Room shall conform to all local, state and federal laws. State law prohibits smoking in all public facilities.
The library expects users to be considerate of library patrons and activities. The Library Director or her/his designee has the authority to terminate any meeting that disrupts library operations.
Deviations from the above policies will jeopardize future access to the facilities.
For further information on Children’s Programs call Diana Anderson 503-435-5569
For Adult Programs call Dee Goldman 503-435-5551.
Revised 10/2007 Jill Poyer, Library Director
This policy will be reviewed triennially in October by the Library Director and updated as appropriate.