Make reading fun and interactive by asking your toddler questions and encouraging his repetition of familiar phrases in the book: "but it wasn't spilt milk." After asking him a question, wait for five seconds to give her time to respond. These conversations are the best way to encourage language. This is called dialogic reading .
- Make reading fun by changing your voice
- Talk about the pictures and story
- Let toddler play with toys or wander while you read
- Let your child choose the books and help turn the pages
- Don’t give up-he/she will begin to love it
Some favorite Toddler books: