Technology Use Guidelines
- All computers are for children age 12 and under
- Children 0 through 9 years of age must be supervised while using the Internet.
- Children 10 through 12 year of age may use the filtered Internet without supervision.
- Sign up to use the Internet or game computers at the Children’s Reference Desk.
- Sign up includes first name and time they will be finished using the computer.
- There is a 30 minute limit for both Internet and game computers. Internet use may be extended for school projects and homework.
- Children may have only one Internet or one game session per day.
- No reservations for computers will be taken by phone or in person.
- Print copies are 5 cents for black and white and 50 cents for color.
- You may use a disk to save your work. The Children’s Reference desk sells these for 30 cents each.
- Only two people at a terminal at one time.
- Children’s Internet computers are filtered but may be unfiltered at a parent’s request and with their supervision.